TicketLiquidator

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Green Day Review and MP3 Previews

Green Day MP3 Previews
"Green Day": Rebels with a Cause New - For nearly two decades, Green Day has been surprising and delighting fans around the world, from their days as high school kids in the band Sweet Children, whose first gig was at a local rib joint, to the heights of success as Green Day, who now fill stadiums around the world. This book traces the band's evolution, with interviews and first-hand accounts that offer insight into the music scene that set the stage for one band to go to the top of the charts while keeping their punk banner flying.

Hey, Guys and Gals, I am an old dude, and Green Day hasn't been around nearly as long as I have.  Two decades isn't so long, considering that I've been around for six decades.  Some people think I should be sitting in my recliner, sipping tea, and watching "Leave it to Beaver" re-runs on my vintage Motorola Console TV.  But, I consider it my duty to let all you younguns out there know that pops isn't too old too be listening to some great current music.  I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that I like every single song, but there are a lot of songs that I think have spunk, musical class, and quality............such as "Wake Me When September Ends,"  "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," and "I Hope You Have the Time of Your Life."  I'm not overly fond of the songs that are on the verge of sounding like heavy metal to me, but there aren't many of them that Green Day has recorded.

I've also seen a lot of videos of Green Days covers of other past great songs, such as "Johnny B. Goode," and "Working Class Hero."

No comments:

Post a Comment